No Products in the Cart
Add items to your cart to receive free shipping.
FREE & FAST SHIPPING, ABOVE $50 USD
General Installation Tips
Soft Sound Pyramid Studio Foam is typically surface mounted on the walls within a studio and will improve the overall acoustic performance of the space. It is important that you evenly distribute the panels throughout the room and not cluster in one area. The Pyramid Studio Foam is a modular pattern - the seams don’t always line up perfectly when butting the pieces end to end, this is explained further below.
utility knife, straight edge, tape measure, caulking gun, pencil or chalk line
1. Is this product sold with whatever I need to mount/stick it on my walls? If not, what product should I buy to do that?
• Bundle order comes with a free 4 pcs transparent tape. You can also order 24 pcs tape Click Here ►
2. Are these the right panels for soundproofing a subwoofer? If not, what should i get instead?
• It depends on the room size these are sufficient but you should drop a few more dollars and get something a little better quality.
3. Can i apply this on my door (inside my room) to prevent noisy neighbor or the noise outside?
• Yes, you can. But it wouldn’t keep 100% of the sound out, however. These are really designed to insulate a room and dampen sound before it hits a wall and reflects back. They will keep some sound out, but not too much. If you're going to put it on a door just made sure you over lap the gaps between the door and the wall on all sides. Like, put the tile about an inch past the edge of the door.
4. Would these be good for sound proofing a bedroom?
• No, that's really not what these are for. They provide echo damping, not sound proofing. Sure, if you coated a door with the stuff on both sides it might lessen the sound a bit, but it's really not what they're meant to do. These panels are only designed to reduce room noise inside, not noises from outside.
5. For the Tile Panel, is it small squares or is it a huge board?
• It is a huge square with the size of 50cm X 50cm (19.6 in X 19.6 in)
6. Would this work for soundproofing an entire room for a recording studio?
• This product will not 100% soundproof a room. But it will help with sound-isolation of the room.
7. Can I spray paint them to make them a little more attractive?
• You can, but we wouldn't advise this. Not only they are extremely porous--because clearly, its foam, it would change the condition to do what they were originally intended to do (to collect sound). We suggest you buy different colors of panels, we offer different colors for these kind of situations.
8. Can this product be used outdoors?
• No, if it’s uncovered open area, it wont last the rain and sun. If it’s on a covered area the dust or dirt may affect the quality of the foam and may affect it’s ability to collect or isolate sound.
9. What is it made of?
• Our Acoustic foam is a lightweight open celled foam material made from Acoustic foam polyester, and also extruded melamine foam.
10. How do I arrange these around my room with studio monitors?
• There are a couple of ways of doing it, one way is to arrange all of them together on your wall opposite of your monitors another way is to spread them out evenly around the room. For more ideas on you can check on you tube.
11. Are these flame retarded or fire proof?
• Yes, they are
12. It really echoes when I am talking on the phone at normal volumes. Will this dampen my voice?
• Yes it will substantially. But it depends on the size of the room on how much it will absorb the sound.
13. Will this soundproof the intense bass of my subwoofer?
• Not really, but you can buy our Bass Trap Foam to lessen the intense bass.
14. Can these be cut/altered to fit into certain spaces?
•Yes. Quite easily.
15. Did the foams undergo an Sound Absorption Test?
• Yes, after manufacturing, the foams will undergo an Sound Absorption Test.
If you are still not sure, feel free to speak to an expert now.
I bought several packs of these in an attempt to deaden the loud droning of the HVAC system in my condo. Our unit has the HVAC system in a closet that's just off of the living room. It's been a constant annoyance for years. I lined the walls of the closet with these using some 3m mounting tape. I'm pleasantly surprised how easy and effective it was! We can definitely still hear it, but now we hear the TV over the AC, not the other way around. These really cut down on any sort of echo or traveling noise.