This New Acoustic Foam is made with High Quality Imported Foam. Sound vibrations are
broadcast thru the air, causing issues with noise entering and exiting your house studio.
This sound absorbing Polyurethane foam panel is designed to control the reverberation sounds make but quite different from soundproofing. It attenuates airborne sound waves by increasing air resistance, thus reducing the amplitude of the waves. The Pyramid Studio Foam enhances the sound quality and aesthetics of any recording or listening environment. Dealing with both mid and high frequencies at the same time, acoustic foam can also be counted as a type of cost-friendly heat reduction facility that is placed in corners of the room or wherever optimal sound mixes are needed as bass traps to minimize sound echoes.
For the very best quality, most complete soundproofing you just need this New Acoustic
Foam! Buy these New Acoustic Foam now and have a perfect room to party!
General Installation Tips
Soft Sound Pyramid Studio Foam is typically surface mounted on the walls within a studio and will improve the overall acoustic performance of the space. It is important that you evenly distribute the panels throughout the room and not cluster in one area. The Pyramid Studio Foam is a modular pattern - the seams don?€?t always line up perfectly when butting the pieces end to end, this is explained further below.
The Polyurethane foam outlined in these instructions is not a Class A fire rated material and may not be acceptable for commercial environments.
utility knife, straight edge, tape measure, caulking gun, pencil or chalk line
- Mark the Pyramid Studio Foam to the appropriate size using the tape measure and marker.
- Cut along the line using the utility knife. With the thicker foams, it may take several passes to completely cut the Anechoic Studio Foam.
- An alternate cutting method is to compress the foam along the line marked in Step 1. With the material compressed, it will reduce the number of passes that must be made to completely cut the foam.
- Lay the Studio Foam out for your specific application - keep in mind that you want the foam evenly distributed throughout the room and not leaving any gap unsealed for it to work in its full ability. Pyramid Foam is a modular design and the seams don?€?t always line up with the pattern.
- Measure any areas that need to be field cut on the foam and make the appropriate cuts
(examples would be around beams, doorways, or if a short piece is needed).
- After all the pieces have been field cut, mark the panel mounting position on the wall with small pencil marks or masking tape to ensure straight application.
- Remove the paper release liners from the back of the foam and bond them firmly into position. Apply very firm pressure for 30 seconds in order to ensure proper adherence.
- Line the material up with the lines you marked in Step 3 and press firmly against the material compressing the foam. Repeat step for remaining pieces of foam
1. Is this product sold with whatever I need to mount/stick it on my walls? If not, what product should I buy to do that?
?€? Bundle order comes with a free 4 pcs transparent tape. You can also order 24 pcs tape here ???
2. Are these the right panels for soundproofing a subwoofer? If not, what should i get instead?
?€? It depends on the room size these are sufficient but you should drop a few more dollars and get something a little better quality.
3. Can i apply this on my door (inside my room) to prevent noisy neighbor or the noise outside?
?€? Yes, you can. But it wouldn?€?t keep 100% of the sound out, however. These are really designed to insulate a room and dampen sound before it hits a wall and reflects back. They will keep some sound out, but not too much. If you're going to put it on a door just made sure you over lap the gaps between the door and the wall on all sides. Like, put the tile about an inch past the edge of the door.
4. Would these be good for sound proofing a bedroom?
?€? No, that's really not what these are for. They provide echo damping, not sound proofing. Sure, if you coated a door with the stuff on both sides it might lessen the sound a bit, but it's really not what they're meant to do. These panels are only designed to reduce room noise inside, not noises from outside.
5. For the Tile Panel, is it small squares or is it a huge board?
?€? It is a huge square with the size of 50cm X 50cm (19.6 in X 19.6 in)
6. Would this work for soundproofing an entire room for a recording studio?
?€? This product will not 100% soundproof a room. But it will help with sound-isolation of the room.
7. Can I spray paint them to make them a little more attractive?
?€? You can, but we wouldn't advise this. Not only they are extremely porous--because clearly, its foam, it would change the condition to do what they were originally intended to do (to collect sound). We suggest you buy different colors of panels, we offer different colors for these kind of situations.
8. Can this product be used outdoors?
?€? No, if it?€?s uncovered open area, it wont last the rain and sun. If it?€?s on a covered area the dust or dirt may affect the quality of the foam and may affect it?€?s ability to collect or isolate sound.
9. What is it made of?
?€? Our Acoustic foam is a lightweight open celled foam material made from polyurethane foam polyester, and also extruded melamine foam.
10. How do I arrange these around my room with studio monitors?
?€? There are a couple of ways of doing it, one way is to arrange all of them together on your wall opposite of your monitors another way is to spread them out evenly around the room. For more ideas on you can check on you tube.
11. Are these flame retarded or fire proof?
?€? Yes, they are
12. It really echoes when I am talking on the phone at normal volumes. Will this dampen my voice?
?€? Yes it will substantially. But it depends on the size of the room on how much it will absorb the sound.
13. Will this soundproof the intense bass of my subwoofer?
?€? Not really, but you can buy our Bass Trap Foam to lessen the intense bass.
14. Can these be cut/altered to fit into certain spaces?
?€?Yes. Quite easily.
15. Did the foams undergo an Sound Absorption Test?
?€? Yes, after manufacturing, the foams will undergo an Sound Absorption Test.