- Brand New Mass Loaded Vinyl
- Made by Imported High Quality Materials
- Sound-Deadening Mass Loaded Vinyl
- Easy to Cut and Fit
- High Performance noise barrier and Sound-Deadening Properties
- Flexible, Durable and Stops sound in its tracks.
- MULTI-FUNCTION - Use it in Home Theaters, Studios or Gaming Room for acoustic treatment / Isolation Shield , or in offices as a Desk Privacy Panel
- Improves vocal clarity and acoustics of your room
- Ideal for use in recording studios, home theaters and karaoke room
- Size & Dimension : 50cm x 100cm (19.7 X 39.4 in)
- For Custom Size email at email@example.com
- 2 Thickness Available:
- 1.2mm (0.04 in)
- 2mm (0.08 in)
- Actual color may slightly differ depends on monitor settings.
- We may split your order into multiple shipments for postage. And due to shipping
requirements, we compressed (vacuum sealed) the acoustic foam for easy shipping.
Please kindly give up until 24 to 48 hours for the foam to restore its normal size.
Why hire a Professional if you can construct a soundproof room in your house yourself!.
General Installation Tips
Apply the Mass Loaded Vinyl between the studs and sheet rock. Do not glue this directly to a wall for free standing. It;s weight will require the reinforcement of another layer of wall surface to be screwed or nailed over it. Us staples of screws to temporarily hold it up until you get your next wall surface applied. Also a good product for laying on top of your ceiling tiles to “cap” the room with a sound barrier material.
utility knife, straight edge, tape measure, Glue gun, pencil or chalk line
- Mark the Mass Loaded Vinyl to the appropriate size using the tape measure and marker.
- Cut along the line using the utility knife. With the thicker fabric, it may take several passes to completely cut the Mass Loaded Vinyl.
- An alternate cutting method is to compress the foam along the line marked in Step 1. With the material compressed, it will reduce the number of passes that must be made to completely cut the fabric.
1. Measure and Trim your MLV- Measure your wall from top to bottom. Deduct 1/8” – ¼” from total height. Unroll your MLV on the floor. With a utility knife, use a straight edge ruler to cut a square edge evenly through the MLV. You do not need to cut through the material fully, once it is scored, it will come apart easily.
2. Applying your MLV- This step requires the work of two people. The MLV is applied over the fiberglass installation and beneath the sheetrock. With the help of another, hold the MLV in place, starting at the upper corner of the wall. Ensure the sheet is straight along the ceiling and is evenly spaced between the floor and ceiling. Fasteners - Any type of fastener will work (especially if the MLV will be covered with drywall) we suggest roofing nails or screws with washers, however you can also use a pneumatic cap stapler. Placement - Place fasteners every 8” along the top and bottom plate and down the length of the stud.
3. Expose your electrical outlet boxes- Be careful not to cover electrical outlets boxes. It is best to expose the outlets boxes as you install each length of MLV. Find the electrical box in your wall and gently press the MLV against the box. Using a razor blade carefully cut the opening along the edges of the box. Keep this hole tight as possible to the electrical box so that you maintain a good seal. Continue as above until your entire wall or ceiling is covered in MLV.
4. Finish your seams- Where MLV seams fall on a stud, butt pieces against one another on the stud and fasten into place. You can add a strip of PVC Tape on the seam. We highly recommend that you end all MLV seams on a stud, as free hanging seams may come apart with time.
1. Is this product sold with whatever I need to mount/stick it on my walls? If not, what product should I buy to do that?
• Bundle order comes with a free 4 pcs transparent tape. You can also order 24 pcs tape here ►
2. Are these the right panels for soundproofing a subwoofer? If not, what should i get instead?
• It depends on the room size these are sufficient but you should drop a few more dollars and get something a little better quality.
3. Can i apply this on my door (inside my room) to prevent noisy neighbor or the noise outside?
• Yes, you can. But it wouldn’t keep 100% of the sound out, however. These are really designed to insulate a room and dampen sound before it hits a wall and reflects back. They will keep some sound out, but not too much. If you're going to put it on a door just made sure you over lap the gaps between the door and the wall on all sides. Like, put the tile about an inch past the edge of the door.
4. Would these be good for sound proofing a bedroom?
• No, that's really not what these are for. They provide echo damping, not sound proofing. Sure, if you coated a door with the stuff on both sides it might lessen the sound a bit, but it's really not what they're meant to do. These panels are only designed to reduce room noise inside, not noises from outside.
5. For the Tile Panel, is it small squares or is it a huge board?
• It is a huge square with the size of 50cm X 50cm (19.6 in X 19.6 in)
6. Would this work for soundproofing an entire room for a recording studio?
• This product will not 100% soundproof a room. But it will help with sound-isolation of the room.
7. Can I spray paint them to make them a little more attractive?
• You can, but we wouldn't advise this. Not only they are extremely porous--because clearly, its foam, it would change the condition to do what they were originally intended to do (to collect sound). We suggest you buy different colors of panels, we offer different colors for these kind of situations.
8. Can this product be used outdoors?
• No, if it’s uncovered open area, it wont last the rain and sun. If it’s on a covered area the dust or dirt may affect the quality of the foam and may affect it’s ability to collect or isolate sound.
9. What is it made of?
• Our Acoustic foam is a lightweight open celled foam material made from polyurethane foam polyester, and also extruded melamine foam.
10. How do I arrange these around my room with studio monitors?
• There are a couple of ways of doing it, one way is to arrange all of them together on your wall opposite of your monitors another way is to spread them out evenly around the room. For more ideas on you can check on you tube.
11. Are these flame retarded or fire proof?
• Yes, they are
12. It really echoes when I am talking on the phone at normal volumes. Will this dampen my voice?
• Yes it will substantially. But it depends on the size of the room on how much it will absorb the sound.
13. Will this soundproof the intense bass of my subwoofer?
• Not really, but you can buy our Bass Trap Foam to lessen the intense bass.
14. Can these be cut/altered to fit into certain spaces?
•Yes. Quite easily.
15. Are the foams compressed / vacuumed for shipping?
• They were just nicely packed. Not vacuumed or compressed for shipping.
16. Did the foams undergo an Sound Absorption Test?
• Yes, after manufacturing, the foams will undergo an Sound Absorption Test.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
MLV works fine. It can actually descrease transmission of noise.
Works great and easy to install. I installed it directly under my carpet and carpet padding and sealed and secured its perimeters with acoustical tape. I am very happy with the product.
Installed this and it has greatly reduced the noise. Before installation you could hear full conversations through the wall now you can barely hear anything. Works great for sound proofing a room.
This stuff really works... put it under the sheetrock during the kitchen remodel, against the wall with the kids TV on the other side... now during dinner parties... no tv noise to be heard.